I wish I had something inspirational, witty or bold to say today. Sadly, I’m off to bed with a touch of a headache from lack of sleep. For the past 4 days and nights I’ve been nursing 2 sick children who have fever and coughs. No fun!
Things that help a cough:
1. Hydration: This can come in the form of drinking fluids or a vaporizer. Drinking fluids works best if done slowly over the course of the day, sipping a glass an hour to keep the throat well lubricated.
2. Honey: Honey has a natural healing property that causes phlegm to liquify making it easier to cough out. So, we’ve been going through lots of it this week. We’ve been serving it straight-up on a teaspoon, on English Muffins and in hot lemon and honey.
3. Rest: Enough said.
4. Vicks Vapo-rub: It worked when I was a kid and it still works today.
5. Television: Well, it’s a good distraction if nothing else.
6. Hugs: A hug makes everything better.
(I can never seem to stop at 5 can I. LOL)
Here’s to good health! And soon!!!