February 19, 2013 by
This is a super way to get your air vent ducts clean with absolutely no work!
Watch this video to see how!
And I mean absolutely no work. And while you’re at it, throw in your air exchanger ceiling ducts!
February 16, 2013 by
Cleaning tile grout can be an onerous job. Using 2 simple ingredients and a little elbow grease you can do this job in no time!
All you need is hydrogen peroxide and baking soda!
Click to watch a video.
February 20, 2012 by
You would be surprised how much help kids can be. Here are some of the chores my 2 boys help with. They are currently 8 and 12.
Either boy can do these:
- mirror/window washing (high traffic areas like entryways and kitchen)
- emptying dishwasher
- sorting laundry
- transferring garbage from small bins to bags
- bathroom cleanup and details (the younger one does picking up. mirrors and floors, the older one does the toilet, tub and sink.)
- running laundry – they sort together, tag team the transfers, and work together to hang and fold. (I do my own laundry, so there’s no worry of damage to a special item.)
- putting out/pulling in the trash cans or compost bins. (One child can do it alone, but they manage better together for some reason.)
That’s a lot of help around the house! If you’ve been reading my blog, you know that I like “easy” Even if they only do 1 thing each day it keeps the house reasonably neat and clean. And of course I fill in the gaps and do a super good job when it’s my turn! This really only leaves me fully responsible for big jobs like kitchen, (fridge, oven,) walls, spring cleaning, and filter cleaning and replacement.
The younger you allow your children to help, the more competent they will be as they get older. And yes, I did say allow; not make. Young children want to be helping all the time.
It’s not efficient for you to let them when they first want to do it. But if you take the time to introduce them to the work and gradually give them more stringent expectations, they will become expert household engineers before your very eyes.