The Way of the Superior Man is the title of a book written by David Deida. The subtitle is “A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire.”
I read this book several years ago. I’m not really sure how I found it in my hands, but I do know that I read it when I was trying to understand men better. I’m a woman, and I think that every man should read this book and take something from it. And I think women can benefit from reading it as well. Have you read it?
There’s a lot going on in today’s “enlightened” world. Women are more than ever, taking charge of their lives and Men are, more than ever, faced with having equal partners in relationships. The struggle for many of us then becomes how to find the Yin to each other’s Yang. This book sheds some light on ways to do this.
As I read the book, I recognized many things that had gone wrong in my marital relationship: little things, ways of thinking, small understandings. I wished that I had found the book a decade or two earlier. From time to time I re-read it to remind myself of the power of being feminine and the strength of being masculine. These two states of being can be embodied by the same person, but not at the same time.
It is powerful reading. I’d love to discuss this book with you.
Here’s a quote from the preface:
Live completely. Know your deepest purpose. Give the gift you were born to give. Enjoy sex as a cosmic portal into love’s wonders. Serve your friends so they may grow.
These words speak to how we should all live our lives. But each sentence of this quote is a huge challenge.
- ”Live completely.” This one makes me think of all the tedium that gets in the way of my being able to live completely. Truly living, for me, is not accomplished by vacuuming the house, or paying the bills. But somehow these must be done to allow a life without chaos.
- “Know your deepest purpose.” Wow. Just Wow. Do you know your deepest purpose?
- “Give the gift you were born to give.” We were all born with a gift to give, take some time to think about this.
- ”Enjoy sex as a cosmic portal into love’s wonders.” That is what it is meant to be, right? Do we surrender to it? How?
- ”Serve your friends so they may grow.” Wouldn’t we all be better people if we followed this example. Serving our friends so that they may grow and they serving us in return. A world like this one would be a very fulfilling place.
Opening your mind to a book like this is like seeing the world with new vision. I urge you to grab a copy at your soonest opportunity. It could change your life.
No related posts.