It’s been 16 days since I started my 30 days of Primal/Paleo lifestyle. And I’m like a new woman….not that I was like an old woman before, but Wow. Just Wow. This post started as a 5 things….but it turned into 6.
1. I am less hungry. Seriously less hungry. I used to feel ravenously hungry if I was late for a meal. Now I find that I can go even an hour beyond my usual meal time and not mind a bit. I’ll notice that I’m hungry, but it’s not distracting. Before, if I got too hungry I would get to the point of being “hangry” do you know what I mean — hungry+angry= hangry!
2. I am sleeping better. These days I’m ready to sleep at sleep time and awake before my alarm goes off feeling well-rested.
3. I have more energy. It’s like my muscles are ready to go at any moment. I’ve got a spring in my step and I bound up the stairs instead of plodding.
4. I am thinking more clearly. There were times before when I would feel clouded or dazy, but since going Primal, I’m able to think keenly and focus with a longer attention span.
5. I don’t crave sugar. Seriously, this has to be the best side effect. I have always joked that I don’t have a sweet tooth I have a whole mouth full! Since cutting refined sugar and carbohydrates out of my diet I don’t even want sweets.
6. I have lost weight! And of course, everyone wants to know how much. Well I’ve lost 7 pounds. That’s 5% of my body weight in 16 days. Not too shabby!
If you want to check it out have a look at one of these books: