I made brownies this week. No sugar, no grain. Delicious.
They were so good my kids ate most of them! The main ingredient was yams, followed by eggs. The texture was heavy, almost like a cheesecake. Here’s the recipe: I’ll post some pics soon.
Recipe: Prep time: 50 mins (5 mins mixing – plus time to bake sweet potato (45 mins))
- 1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potato (1 medium baked)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bake peel and mash the sweet potato. 45o degrees for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- In one bowl combine butter, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs. Mix together.
- In another bowl mix ground coconut, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt . Use a fork to blend finely together, breaking up any clumps of coconut.
- Mix the egg mixture into the mashed potatoes, blend well.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the potato batter and mix well again. (I used my potato masher for all of the mixing.)
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish which has been buttered.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes @ 350 degrees. Until a toothpick comes out clean. (My oven took 42 minutes)
- Cool. Seriously, I know they smell delicious, but you’ll burn your mouth if you don’t let them cool!