Yams, sweetpotatoes, call them what you will, they are delicious. And everything, yes everything, is better with bacon. So what could be better than bacon wrapped sweet potato? I can’t think of anything just at the moment. Bacon wrapped sweet potatoes are not only mouthwateringly delicious, they’re also very easy to prepare.
I’m not sure if you can call this a recipe. But I do know that I prepare this delectable treat about twice a month. Here goes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel your yams and slice them into wedges.
- Open the package of bacon and, starting at one end of the wedge, spiral a slice of bacon around the yam wedge until it has completely wrapped it from one end to the other.
- Place the wrapped up bundle on a baking tray.
- When you get them all wrapped….I get about 8 wedges per potato and so 8 slices of bacon (I’ll call this 2 servings, but I’ve been known to eat the whole thing!) Put them in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Wait for them to cool off a bit, and eat them. You might want to close your eyes while you eat them. And stifle a moan. Just saying.
What do you think would make a good side dish for this? (Because I usually eat them as a main!)